Published on:

Mother jailed after children fall from top of a car, a New York Family Lawyer explains


A woman was put in jail after her children were injured after being awarded for good behavior. The mother attempted to award her child who helped her clean the house, a
New York Family Lawyer mentioned.

The 8-year-old and 9-year-old children were taken to the hospital after they fell from the trunk of her car. One of the children is in serious condition. The other child was released from the hospital. Only two of her children fell from the car. It is unknown how many children the woman has.

A police officer said the child has internal injuries. The child is unable to eat or speak.

The woman said she braked quickly to prevent hitting a child on a bicycle causing her children to fall from the car. The police say the child in serious condition has wounds similar to people who was run over with a car. The mother said she did not run her child over.

Even though the woman realized she made a mistake, the judge charged her with two counts of injury to a child. Each charge is a third-degree felony.

The father was at work at the time of the accident. The mother told the court that her children begged to ride on her car’s trunk after helping her. Authorities in The Bronx and Staten Island are particularly hard with these cases.

The woman spent the night in jail because her husband could not afford to post bail. Her bail is $50,000. Child Protective Services has been called in to investigate the safety of the children.

When you or a loved one is facing criminal charges, a New York Family Attorney can assist you with the legal matters that occur during troubling times. A New York Family Attorney can help and assist you in achieving the just result you merit. The Office of Stephen Bilkis and Associates can offer you support and guidance as well as a free consultation when you contact us at 1-800-NY-NY-LAW. We have offices in N York City, including Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Staten Island and The Bronx and in Nassau County, Suffolk County and Westchester County.

Contact Information